How to Import MSG Files to Outlook in Bulk? – Updated 2024
Summary: If you search for the query “How to import MSG files to Outlook”. This is not an easy task but it can be simplified by the simplest and easiest methods mentioned in this blog. Just go through this blog to the end and check out the steps in this blog to learn how to import MSG to Outlook 2021 so easily.
Instant Solution: If you try to open MSG into Outlook 2021 manually, you may lose all your data during the process unless you use a reliable and effective solution. One such solution that we have mentioned here is Advik MSG to PST Converter Tool, which is capable enough to carry out the whole conversion process and safely convert your data to PST file format. This can later be imported into Outlook 2021.
An MSG file is a file format created or saved in Microsoft Outlook, such as an email message, contact, appointment, or task. It contains all of the information about the item, including email message attachments. MSG files are primarily used by Outlook, but they are also supported by other Microsoft Messaging Applications and Programming Interface-compatible programs (MAPI).
Microsoft introduced the MSG format in 2003 with the release of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook, and it is still in use today. The MSG file’s primary purpose is to allow Outlook users to share items like messages, appointments, and contacts.
The information stored in an MSG file varies depending on the item it contains.
MSG files contain the following attributes such as;
- Embedded files
Reasons to Import MSG Files into Outlook
- As MSG file is supported by Outlook but it has a lot of Problems. This file may create some difficulties to users.
- MSG files may become corrupted due to a variety of unfavorable circumstances.
- Users need to import MSG files to Outlook 2021 because there is no such option in Outlook 2021 to import MSG files to Outlook directly.
- If you have thousands of emails with MSG files in your storage, Outlook is the best option to manage your mailbox.
Here are a few of the standout new features in Outlook:
You may already know that the latest version of Microsoft Outlook is officially released on October 5, 2021, as a successor of Outlook 2019. So, some users wish to Import MSG files to Outlook 2021.
After Outlook 2021 is released, many users choose to upgrade Outlook 2019 to this new Microsoft Outlook 2021 to enjoy it’s new updated features such as a search box to find emails, a Translator tool, a Color dialog box, a curated library of stock images and icons man many more.
No matter what your situation is, you can learn two useful ways to read MSG file in outlook 2021 without any issues.
Method 1: How to Import MSG to Outlook in Batch?
Advik MSG to PST Converter is one such tool that is a standalone solution to convert MSG to Outlook file in seconds. It is one of the best converter tool recommended by experts to convert MSG to PST with attachments which can later be imported to Outlook 2021. It is a hassle-free way to read .msg files in Outlook 2021 in a few steps. Also, users can import MSG files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other earlier versions. It is an affordable solution to merge/combine multiple MSG files into PST file format so easily.
If you can’t open .msg files in Outlook, this tool can also help you. As it is an outstanding feature of MSG to PST Converter that keeps the user safe and secure throughout the conversion process.
How to Transfer MSG Files into Outlook 2021? – Step-by-Step Guide
Follow the steps which are involved in MSG to PST conversion process;
1. Install and Run MSG to PST Converter Tool in your system.
2. Click “Add MSG Files or Add Folder with MSG Files” to upload MSG files.
3. From the list of Multiple saving options select “PST”.
4. Finally, click the “Next” button and analyze the whole conversion process.
Once the process is complete, you will be notified via a log text report.
Steps to Import MSG Files into Outlook 2021 are as follows;
1. Run Outlook 2021 application on your PC.
2. Go to File tab and Open and Export and select “Import/Export”.
3. In the Import and Export Wizard, select “Import from another program or file” and then click the “Next” button.
4. Now select “Outlook Data File(.pst)” and click “Next”.
5. In this step, browse and import the PST file.
6. Now select the folders that you want to include in the PST file and click on the “Finish” button.
In this way, you can easily import your converted PST file into Outlook 2021.
Method 2. How to Import MSG Files to Outlook 2021? – Drag and Drop
1. Install and launch Outlook 2021 version in your system.
2. Create a new folder with a name like MSG in Outlook 2021 mailbox folders to import MSG files to Outlook 2021.
3. Now go to the location where you saved your MSG files, press Ctrl + A and drag and drop all the files into the newly created folder.
In this way, all your MSG files will now be imported into Outlook 2021.
- Although this method seems very simple and easy, it has full disadvantages.
- This method is not suitable when users have a large number of PST files.
- Tedious and Time-consuming process to import MSG files into Outlook.
The Final Wrap Up
With the launch of Outlook 2021 just around the corner, it should not take a huge effort on your corner to Import MSG files to Outlook 2021. The methods and it’s easiest steps outlined above should definitely be much helpful in achieving the goal. Furthermore, The standalone MSG to PST Converter option should be a excellent choice in this context, to avoid a smooth conversion process.