How to Open OST File On Another Computer – 2 Simple Tricks
Looking for a way to move OST file to another computer? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this blog, we will discuss two simple tricks to open OST file on another computer without losing a single bit of data. At the end of the write-up, you are able to transfer OST file to another PC. Let’s dive in and know about the way to perform this process.
Before we move ahead, let’s get to know about OST file and know the reason behind this transferring process.
OST file format or Offline Storage Table is a data file created by Microsoft Outlook ( 2005 and later versions) to save mailbox data. This file stores a copy of mailbox data from Exchange, Office 365 or Outlook.com. It contains email messages, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and all other components of the mailing account.
\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook – You can find your OST file in this location in your system.
“I have an OST file created by Outlook on my system. Now I want to transfer this data file to my other system. The problem is that we can’t access the OST file in another Outlook account. Can anyone tell me what can I do to open OST file on another computer?”
Now the question occurs- Is it possible to move OST file to another PC/System.
Read Also: How to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2016?
Well, it is very much possible to transfer emails from OST file to another computer. You just know the right techniques. In this write up we will discuss proper approaches with step by step description.
Methods to Transfer OST file to New Computer
If you are looking for a way for transferring OST file emails to other systems, then there are two ways to do this task.
#1. Manually Open OST File In Another System
#2. Directly Transfer OST File to New Computer
Solution 1: Open OST File on Another Computer
Note: To perform this transferring process your Outlook must be connected with Exchange Server. If it is connected, then follow the given instructions and convert OST to PST format.
- Open the Outlook email client on your system.
- After that go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file >> Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Select the email account to export from. You can even choose email folders from that specific account.
- Browse the location to save the exported file and hit on the Finish button.
Here you have a PST file with you, now you can transfer this file to any Windows OS system with ease. Follow the measures to move the PST file into Outlook on another system.
- Open Outlook email client, then File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Then, select Import from another program and file >> Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Browse the PST file from your system and click on the Open button.
- Select the email folder to import and hit on the Finish button.
Now this how you can can open OST file on another computer.
Related Tutorial: Fix Cannot Export Outlook PST File Error
Limitations With Manual Approach
There are limitations with the manual method, some of them mention here.
- To perform this native approach you need the Exchange connectivity with your Outlook.
- If your OST file is corrupted or damaged then you can able to transfer OST file to another system.
- This method will not work if you try to move an orphan OST file.
- It will transfer a single OST file at a time. For multiple transfer, you need to perform the same task repeatedly.
- If there will be any halt during the process, your data will be severely affected or you may lose it.
Solution 2: Direct Way to Transfer OST File to Another Computer
To avoid the limitation of the manual method, we recommend you to use the Advik OST Converter tool. This utility swiftly moves multiple OST files to another system in a single attempt. Most important you will not lose your single bit of data during the transferring process. If your OST file is corrupted or damaged, then this software scans the file and repairs it without altering it. Along with emails this tool also move contacts, calendar, journals and all other mailbox components to another system.
In addition, you can also use this tool to export OST file to MBOX, PDF, HTML, EML, EMLX, and all other. With this utility, you can also open OST file in Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes and many more.
Steps to Open OST File On Another Computer
Follow the given instructions to move various or single OST file to another machine.
- Install and Run Advik OST to PST Converter on your System.
- Now upload the OST file, you can either Add File or Add Folder.
- Here you can select the email folder that you want to open on another system.
- After that, select PST as a saving option from the given list.
- Select the destination path and hit on the Convert button.
- Here you move OST file to another PC within a few simple steps. You can try the demo version of this software to perform this process.
- Once the Outlook OST file gets converted into an importable PST file. You can open PST file on any computer from Microsoft Outlook.
Why Use Automated Tool To Open OST File
This software has many advanced features, that make it a standalone entirety among other users. Some of the outstanding features are mentioned here.
- Move Orphan and Inaccessible OST File: If you have OST file that is an orphan and wants to open it on another computer, then the tool can move the .ost file without any issue. In this way, you can access the email from the orphan OST file on the new computer.
- Transfer Multiple OST File: This tool offers an option to Add a Folder of .ost files and transfer them to another system. By adding multiple offline data file, you can open OST file on another computer in bulk that too in a single attempt.
- Export Large Data File: There is no restriction on OST file size. You can easily move large size data file to another system without any data loss and modification.
- Repair Data File: This OST to PST Converter not only transfer OST file to new computer but also repair OST file that is damaged or corrupted. This tool can easily move your damaged data file without any issue.
- Transfer OST file to Webmail Accounts: With this tool, you can directly export OST file to different webmail accounts such as Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, Google Workspace, and many more.
This blog provides you with a detailed description of – How to Open OST File on Another Computer. We mention both manual and direct methods to perform this process. You can opt for any of the given solutions that fulfill your requirement.