How to Import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac?
Christopher Plummer | April 4th, 2022 | Apple Mail, Outlook
Overview: Want to import MBOX to Outlook for Mac? This article will share you the top best ways to open MBOX file into Mac Outlook. As we all know, Outlook for Mac import data in .olm file format. Thus there is no official way to read mailbox file. In order to solve this issue, we have come up with latest techniques to import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac. Stick to this tutorial till the end.
Instant Solution: If you need to Import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac. Then, you need to convert MBOX to OLM first then you will be able to Import OLM file into Outlook for Mac. As Outlook for Mac only supports OLM file. MBOX to OLM Converter is perfect solution to carry out this conversion process in hassle-free manner.
MBOX file format was once a popular and widely used file format due to its compatibility with almost all email applications. It is a versatile file format supported by 30+ email clients including Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, Entourage, SeaMonkey, Spicebird, Opera Mail, Netscape Mail, Evolution and others.
But over time, many users are looking for a feature-rich and robust email application that allows for more organized management of mailboxes. At the top of the list is Microsoft’s Outlook for Mac.
There are several queries by users that we have presented here that will help you to understand why various users are in need to Import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac.
- How do I open MBOX file on a Mac Outlook?
- How do I import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac
- What program opens MBOX files on Mac Outlook?
- How do I access MBOX file into Mac Outlook 2019?
Methods to Import MBOX file into Outlook for Mac – Top 2 Techniques
1. Manual Solution via Configuration process
2. Professional Approach
Solution 1. How to Upload MBOX to Mac Outlook?
To import multiple Mac MBOX to PST, follow the steps below:
Note: To begin, you’ll need the credentials for a Gmail account, which will be used as a mediator between Mac Apple Mail (for MBOX files) and Outlook for Mac.
Step 1. Add Gmail account in Apple Mail
1. On your Mac, open the Apple Mail email client. After that, go to Mail and select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
2. To add a new email account, go to the Accounts tab.
3. To add a Gmail account, click the ‘+’ icon.
4. From the service provider window, select Google >> click Continue.
5. Now, enter your Gmail account’s username and password and then click Next.
6. In Apple Mail, select the mailbox you want to use >> click Done.
7. To the account screen, add the Gmail IMAP account.
8. Close the current window and after that open Apple Mail and import the MBOX file.
Step 2. Import MBOX file into Apple Mail
To Import MBOX file, follow these steps:
1. Go to File in Apple Mail and select Import Mailboxes.
2. Select MBOX files and then click Continue.
3. Locate the location where the MBOX file’s source is saved >> select it.
4. All of the MBOX files have now been imported into Apple Mail.
5. After that, open the source MBOX file and right-click on it to select messages to be moved into Outlook for Mac.
6. Select a destination to save MBOX files into Gmail account. Click the Move To option if you don’t want to keep the copy.
7. Copy or move all MBOX files to the location where the Gmail account is set up.
Note: You can do this if you need to remove the configured Gmail mailbox from Apple Mail. Because the following steps do not require to import MBOX files into Outlook for Mac.
Step 3. Configure Gmail account with Mac Outlook
1. Open Microsoft Outlook for Mac on your system now.
2. From drop-down list, select the preference option.
3. Choose the Accounts option from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the ‘+’ icon, then the ’email’ option.
5. Click the Add button after entering the credentials of your Gmail account.
Now that you’ve set up your Gmail account in Outlook for Mac, you’ll be able to see all of your MBOX files in Outlook for Mac.
Limitations of Manual Solutions:
- The above-mentioned process is quite tedious and time-consuming to import MBOX into Outlook for Mac.
- In addition, extensive technical knowledge is required to carry out this procedure.
Solution 2. How to Import MBOX File to Outlook for Mac 2019/2016/2011? – Effortless Solution
When the need to transfer MBOX files to Outlook for Mac arises, it is preferable to use a professional solution. In this case, Advik MBOX to OLM Converter is an all-in-one MBOX to Outlook for Mac migration solution. It is one of the best options for users looking for a quick and effortless way to Import MBOX file into Outlook 2016 for Mac.
It has a simple and user-friendly interface that does not necessitate any technical expertise. Aside from that, the tool has a slew of features that make MBOX to OLM conversion a breeze. It is a safe and secure way for users to import MBOX files into Outlook for Mac.
All you have to do is upload MBOX files to the software panel and let the software do the rest of the work. This tool is designed with advanced algorithms to automatically configure all mailbox folders from MBOX files and then easily convert them to Outlook for Mac supported OLM file.
Step-by-Step Guide to import MBOX to Outlook for Mac are as follows;
1. Install and launch MBOX to OLM Converter in your system.
2. Click “Select file or select folder having MBOX files” to upload the MBOX file to the software panel.
3. Select the required mailbox folders and click Next.
4. Select “Outlook for Mac(OLM)” as a saving option from the drop-down list.
5. Find a location to save the resulting OLM file in the desired location.
6. Tap on the “Convert” button to start the MBOX to OLM conversion process.
Now sit back and relax, after a while all your MBOX files will be converted to Outlook for Mac supported OLM file in just a few seconds.
Import OLM File into Outlook for Mac
Now the next step is to import the OLM file into Outlook for Mac.
Outlook for Mac can import Outlook data files (.olm) created in the previous step.
1. Click on “File” in the menu bar and select “Import” from the drop-down list.
2. Select “Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm)” and continue.
3. Now select OLM files and click Import.
4. Tap “Finish” when the import process is complete.
In this article, we have discussed two proficient and reliable ways to import MBOX to Outlook for Mac. Since there is no direct manual solution to upload MBOX files to Mac Outlook, users have to go through a lengthy and time-consuming process.
To avoid this tedious process, users can use an alternative solution to import your important MBOX files to Mac Outlook easily and without data loss. The best solution to all your queries is Advik MBOX to OLM converter, which allows you to import large number of MBOX files along with attachments. In addition, you can also use the same tool to convert MBOX files to other file formats as well.