How to Import MBOX to Thunderbird 115, 102, 91, 78 Versions?
Learn and follow the step-by-step instructions to import MBOX to Thunderbird email client. This tutorial will showcase the most secure way for importing MBOX files into Thunderbird.
MBOX is a common file format used to store email messages, and Thunderbird is a popular email client that supports MBOX files. If you’re switching to Thunderbird from another email client and looking for a solution for importing MBOX file into Thunderbird then you have landed at the right place. In this blog, we will discuss the step-by-step guide to convert MBOX to Thunderbird in detail.
Table of Content
- Import MBOX to Thunderbird Manually
- Import MBOX File into Thunderbird Instantly
- Frequently Asked Question
How do I import MBOX file into Thunderbird client? You can easily do it via ImportExportTools. So, you need to install Import/Export NG Tools plugin in your Mozilla Thunderbird client. After installing ImportExportTools in Thunderbird, you can transfer emails from .mbox file into Thunderbird.
This article includes an astounding number of solutions to import MBOX into Thunderbird. Here, you will find a manual and professional solution that not only allows you to open MBOX file in Thunderbird but also allows you to perform other activities. Read this blog to learn everything about importing MBOX files into Thunderbird 115, 102, 91, 78, and older versions.
Now, let’s proceed with the methods to import Mailbox in Thunderbird 115/102/91/78, etc. in the below segment.
How to Import MBOX to Thunderbird Client?
First of all, make sure that you have installed the Thunderbird application on your system. You can follow these steps and easily import MBOX file using a manual approach.
Note: If import MBOX File is disabled in Thunderbird, you can’t be able to use this method. So, users need to be careful while performing these steps.
Follow the below step-by-step guide to manually open MBOX file in Thunderbird.
- Launch the Thunderbird application on your system and navigate to the 3-line menu icon.
- Now, click on that and choose “Add-ons and Themes” and proceed further.
- After that, enter “Importexporttools” in the search bar and press the enter button.
- Now, in the new tab, click on the “+Add to Thunderbird” option.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Add” button to insert it into your Thunderbird application.
- Now restart Thunderbird client and then, go to Tools > ImportExportTools > Import mbox file.
- Browse and select MBOX file to add into Mozilla Thunderbird.
Done!! Thunderbird will start importing your MBOX file into the selected folder.
What are the Challenges You Might Face in the Manual Approach?
These manual approaches seem simple to apply but have certain limitations. Some of the common disadvantages of using this manual method which are listed below;
- Not Supported in Thunderbird 115 version.
- This process is consuming a lot of time and effort.
- Need to install an external plug-in.
- Doesn’t offer a selective import feature.
How to Import MBOX File into Thunderbird 115 Directly?
Try the automated tool Advik MBOX Converter to directly upload MBOX file into Thunderbird 115, 102, 92, and older versions. That’s why, it is considered the most popular program that offers a seamless importing process. The tool comes with an easy-to-use interface that provides user-friendly steps to complete the process without facing any difficulty. This program offers various 30+ saving options. With this utility, you can convert MBOX to PDF, EML, DOC, HTML, MSG, XPS, RTF, and many other items.
Steps to Import MBOX File into Thunderbird Client
1. Launch this automated tool on your PC.
2. Click on the “Select File” or “Select Folders” to add MBOX file into software.
3. Choose folders and then click on “Next” button.
4. Now Select “Thunderbird” as a saving option.
5. Click on the “Convert” button to start the process.
Done! The software will start copying or migrating emails from MBOX file to Mozilla Thunderbird. Once the importing process is complete then open Thunderbird and check the imported MBOX file. Additionally, this tool also offers various advanced features which make the importing process so easy, some of them are-
- Import MBOX to Thunderbird in bulk with full accuracy.
- Maintains the original structure of emails during process.
- Various advanced filters to import selective emails.
- Preserves data integrity and folder hierarchy.
- Simple GUI and 24/7 technical support team.
Thus, how to import MBOX file into Thunderbird blog comes to an end. You can now understand how easy it was to upload MBOX file in Thunderbird using the manual and professional solution. The manual method is easy but there are some drawbacks that are unavoidable. To overcome these limitations, we have offered an instant approach that will directly import MBOX to Thunderbird 115/102/91/78 and more previous versions easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I import Apple Mail MBOX to Thunderbird using this application?
Ans. Yes, this tool supports MBOX file of more than 30+ email clients including Apple Mail.
Q2. Is it possible to transfer selected emails from MBOX files to Mozilla Thunderbird?
Ans. Yes, using filters you can import selected emails based on Date Range, Sender, Recipient, etc.
Q3. Can I batch import MBOX to Thunderbird?
Answer. Yes, you can import multiple MBOX files in a single attempt.