How to Import MBOX to Office 365? – 2 Easy Ways
Want to import MBOX to Office 365 Webmail account? Then you had landed in the very right place. At the end of this article, you will be able to upload MBOX file to Office 365 account easily. We will give you the best solution and guide you to make your work even more convenient. So let’s begin with the perfect way to copy emails from MBOX file into Microsoft 365 account.
In the following section, we have discussed the different scenarios in which users need to import MBOX to Office 365 account. Also, the reasons why people nowadays move to Microsoft 365 webmail account.
- MBOX file is a mailbox file that can be only opened and viewed with its supported email client application. Thus, one needs to install and use it to access it. Whereas Office 365 is cloud-based and designed by Microsoft.
- You can access MBOX file on the desktop only but Office 365 account in accessible on any device from any location.
- You can edit and modify the content of MBOX file in a system only whereas Office 365 keeps all the user data on the cloud.
- MBOX file are prone to corruption; so data loss chances are very high. On the other hand, Office 365 is better known for its privacy and security.
Now, you must have a basic understanding of the reasons for importing MBOX file to Office 365.
After a lot of research, we have found two ways that can be used to do this task easily. Luckily we got both manual and professional solutions to upload MBOX to Office 365. You can choose any of these methods according to your needs and requirements.
Let’s move ahead to learn these methods in more detail;
How to Import MBOX File to Office 365 Manually?
The only manual solution to import MBOX from Thunderbird to Office 365. As we know, Thunderbird can easily import MBOX files to its account. So let’s start with the step-by-step process.
The whole process is divided into two main steps, so don’t forget to follow each one individually.
- Launch and run Mozilla Thunderbird in your system and tap “Skip and use existing email”.
- When setting up the email account, enter your name, your Office 365 email address and your password and tap the “Next” button.
- Enter the following details to configure it manually;
Protocol – IMAP, Server – outlook.office365.com, Port – 993, SSL – SSL/TLS, Authentication – OAuth2, Username – Office 365 email address
Protocol – SMTP, Server – smtp.office365.com, Port – 587, SSL – SSL/TLS, Authentication – OAuth2, Username – Office 365 email address
- Now click on “Done” to carry out the configuration automatically.
- Restart Thunderbird and install “ImportExportTools NG” in your system.
- Select the mailbox folder that you want to import to Office 365.
- Right-click on the folder and select ImportExportTools NG>> Import MBOX file.
- Now navigate to MBOX file and upload it to Office 365.
- Select this MBOX file and click “Copy to >> Office 365 Account”.
In this way, you can manually import MBOX to Office 365 via Thunderbird.
Demerits of Manual Method
- The described solution is lengthy and time-consuming.
- Non-technical users will find this solution difficult to implement.
How to Batch Import MBOX to Office 365 Professionally?
As there you can see in the above method, it is very complex and lengthy. Anyone can easily get fed up by implementing this solution to open MBOX file in Office 365 Account. However, there is one perfect alternate option available, especially for Office Small Business users.
Download and Install Advik MBOX Converter software on your Windows machine. This tool is specially designed to export MBOX messages into Office 365. You can upload large-sized .mbox files without facing any glitches or errors. This utility provides four simple steps that perform the entire migration securely and deliver the desired results.
Note: Enable Less Secure Apps in Office 365. Click here for the instructions.
Working Steps to Import MBOX file to Office 365 Email Account;
- Run the automated tool on your system; click “Select File” and locate the .mbox file in the software.
- Choose “Office 365” as a saving option from the list.
- Enter Office 365 login credentials.
- Click the “Convert” button and analyze the process.
Done! This is how you can import MBOX file to Outlook 365 account. Now open your Office 365 webmail account and access the complete data of the Mailbox archive. This is one of the widely opted solutions for MBOX to Office 365 migration purposes.
Now watch a video guide that will surely explain to you how to perform this task even more effectively.
Overall, this MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool is the ultimate solution to transfer data from mailboxes. The best part of the tool is that it never modifies the mailbox structure as well as email layout. You will get the exact data with attachments.
Why Choose MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool?
- The simplest user interface for technical and non-technical users to use this utility without any further assistance.
- Batch import MBOX to Office 365 account in a single attempt to save time and manual efforts.
- Maintain mailbox folder hierarchy and key elements of MBOX file throughout the process.
- Also, this tool offers to repair MBOX file whether it is damaged or corrupted.
- Export MBOX to 20+ file formats; such as that you can convert MBOX to PST, EML, PDF, MSG, DOC, HTML, etc.
- Preserve Metadata and other mailbox items such as To/from, subject, Cc, Bcc, hyperlinks, attachments, etc.
- With this tool, users can also extract emails from MBOX file with attachments in a few simple steps.
- Unlimited migration with no maximum file size limitation so that users can use this utility as per their requirements.
The write-up offered two easy ways to import MBOX to Office 365 account. Both manual and professional solutions are thoroughly explained with step-by-step details. However, if you find a manual solution a little bit difficult and lengthy then give an automated tool a try. It is an advanced and ultimate approach that gives the desired output in less time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. I have Opera Mail MBOX files, can I use this utility to transfer Opera Mail to Office 365?
Ans. Yes, this tool supports more than 20+ MBOX-supported email clients. Thus, you can easily migrate email from Opera Mail to Office 365 Account.
Q2. I have a large number of MBOX file and I want to know how to import multiple MBOX file into Office 365 account using this utility.
Ans. Yes, this MBOX to Office 365 converter gives complete freedom to import an unlimited number of MBOX files to Office 365 account immediately.
Q3. Can I import MBOX to other webmail services such as Zoho Mail?
Ans. Definitely, this tool allows you to import MBOX to Zoho Mail and almost every IMAP-based email service with no issues.