How to Import Office 365 Email to Thunderbird?
Christopher Plummer | January 15th, 2023 | Data Conversion
If you are searching for a perfect way to migrate from Office 365 to Thunderbird Account, then you landed on the right page. In this article, you will learn to import Office 365 to Thunderbird Application including Inbox, Sent Mails, Outbox, Drafts, Spam, Other folders created by users, etc.
Before reading further, let’s take a quick look at Office 365 and Thunderbird…
Office 365 is a subscription-based service offered by Microsoft. Office 365 includes various services for Emails, Calendaring, File Storage, Data Protection, Cyber threat protection, etc. It includes software such as Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, etc.
Whereas Thunderbird is a cross-platform email client designed and developed by Mozilla. Thunderbird can be used for sending and receiving emails on your desktop. You can use plugins and extensions in the Thunderbird application to perform various tasks such as managing contacts, calendars, and tasks.
“How do I transfer folders from Office 365 to Thunderbird client with complete data?”
“What are the steps to add Office 365 account to Thunderbird?”
“Can I migrate Office 365 emails to Thunderbird without configuration?”
– Queries on user’s forum
Are you facing the same issue as above? If yes then, you will find the solutions in this article.
Method 1. How to Add Office 365 Account to Thunderbird?
This section will show you how to set up Microsoft 365 email in Thunderbird. So, you can easily migrate Office 365 emails to Thunderbird directly.
1. If you’ve recently installed Thunderbird then go to “Add account” settings. Otherwise, if it is the first time you open it, you’ll be asked to create an account.
2. If you already have Thunderbird installed, go to the setup screen and select the “Email” option.
3. Now, enter your name, password, and email address in the new tab.
- Your name: The name can be anything you choose, and it will display when you send emails.
- Email Address: The email address you’re creating is your Email address, i.e. Your Office 365 email address.
- Password: Enter your Office 365 email account password.
and when you are done filling in the above details, then click the “Configure manually” button in the lower left corner.
4. Now, enter the following information as shown in the below screenshot;
- Protocol: IMAP
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- SSL: SSL/TLS
- Authentication: Normal Password
- Protocol: SMTP
- Server: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- SSL: STARTTLS
- Authentication: Normal Password
Username (Incoming and Outgoing): your email address will always your username
5. Click the “Done” button when you’re finished.
Thunderbird will run several tests before returning you to the main window. If it returns you to the landing page, click the Email icon to access your inbox.
The newly-added email account will now appear alongside any other email accounts you’ve previously set up in Thunderbird.
All of the email accounts that have been added will be visible.
Method 2. How to Import Office 365 Emails to Thunderbird?
Currently, there are two ways to transfer or move folders from Office 365 to Thunderbird. Either you can manually configure your account or use a professional program to skip manual configuration.
Let’s get started and explore the second technique used to transfer Microsoft 365 email folders to Thunderbird client.
Download and Install Advik Office 365 Backup Tool in your Windows machine. This Application has the simplest graphical user interface, which makes it easy to use for all kinds of users. Anyone with basic knowledge of computers can easily copy folders from Office 365 to Thunderbird in no time. Download this software for free to check its efficiency. Hit the button below to download this software for free.
Note: Enable Third-Party Access from Office 365 Admin Security Settings to Sign into the software.
Steps to Move Folders from Office 365 to Thunderbird are as follows;
Step 1. Launch Advik Office 365 backup Tool.
Step 2. Enter Office 365 login credentials.
Step 3. Select desired mailbox folder that you want to export.
Step 4. Select Thunderbird is selected as a Saving Option.
Step 5. Click the “Backup” button and analyze the process of conversion.
Done, this is how you can easily migrate Office 365 emails to Thunderbird accounts in a direct manner.
Watch the Video Tutorial to understand in a better way;
Reasons to Choose Advik Office 365 to Thunderbird Migration Tool
There are many reasons to choose Advik Office 365 to Thunderbird Migration tool. Some of them are as follows;
- Complete Data migration: You can migrate the complete Office 365 mailbox to Thunderbird Application using this software. This tool allows users to migrate Inbox, Sent Mails, Outbox, Draft, trash, and any other mailbox folder created by users.
- Include Attachments: Attachment files are a very important part of the email message. This is why this software is programmed to include all attachment files intact during the process of conversion.
- Preserve Key Elements: This software is designed to retain all the key elements of email messages such as Cc, Bcc, to, from, Date & Time Stamp, Hyperlinks, etc. The layout of the email also remains the same.
- Support Multiple Formats: Apart from Outlook 365 to Thunderbird migration, you can use this software to download emails from Office 365 into multiple formats such as Office 365 to PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, TGZ, XPS, PDF, etc.
- Cloud Migration: You can also use this program to transfer mailbox from Office 365 to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, another office 365 account, and any other email service that uses IMAP protocol.
- Support Windows OS: Advik Office 365 to Thunderbird Migration tool supports almost all versions of Windows OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Free Demo Download: You can download this software for free to check the efficiency of the tool. Hit the button below to download Advik Office 365 to Thunderbird tool for free.
- Dedicated Customer Support: In case you are stuck somewhere while using this software, you can contact our customer support team for further help.