How to Export PST From Office 365 Admin Center?
Here is the step-by-step instructions to export PST from Office 365 admin center or portal. PST file format is chosen because it can be accessed in Outlook easily.
How to export mailbox from Office 365 Admin Center? Microsoft 365 allows users to export user mailbox to PST file format. For instance, log in to your Office 365 email account. Navigate to Settings >> View All Outlook Settings >> Privacy and Data >> Export Mailbox. However the same has few drawbacks like delays in delivering file, which can be solved by using MS Outlook or any automated solution.
Microsoft Outlook stores its data in .pst file format. This personal storage table file carries your all emails, contacts, calendar and other mailing data. The best benefit of this file is that you can transfer its data from one Outlook account to another.
Let’s get started with the multiple techniques to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST file.
How to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST File?
MS Office features an official option to convert Office 365 emails to .pst file. You can save entire mailbox folders to Outlook PST via Export Mailbox Option in Settings.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to export PST from Office 365 admin portal.
- Login to your Microsoft Office 365 email account from your pc/laptop.
- After signing in, click Gear Icon and select “View all Outlook Settings“.
- Navigate to General >> Privacy and Data and click “Export Mailbox“.
- Once you click on Export Mailbox feature, it will start Export Process.
- Once, the process gets finished, you will receive an email from Microsoft with a download link.
- Click that link and this is how you can backup Office 365 mailbox to PST file for free.
Challenges in the Above Method
- Time-Consuming Process: The export process may take up to 2-4 days to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file. You will not get the download link instantly or within a day.
- No Folder Selection Option: You will not be asked to select which folder you want to convert into a .pst file.
How to Export Mailbox to PST from Office 365 Admin Center?
As we had discussed earlier, Outlook export and import its data in .pst file format. We are going to take help from MS Outlook to configure Microsoft 365 email account and later export mailbox to a .pst file. Below are the steps to export mailbox to PST from Office 365 admin center.
- Run the MS Outlook application in your Windows machine.
- Navigate to the menu and click the “Add Account” option.
- Enter your email login credentials and password to connect.
- After configuration, go to the file menu and click “Import/Export” menu.
- A pop-up window will appear to click “Export to a file” and click Next.
- Select your account and click Next button.
- Choose or select a location where you want to save the resultant PST file.
- Click the Finish button and Outlook will export Office 365 mailbox to PST from portal.
Despite being an error-free solution, there are a few limitations involved with the method.
- No Folder Selection Option: Either you can select the entire account or select a single mailbox folder. There is no such option to select multiple folders/desired folders at a time.
- Won’t work if Outlook import export option is greyed Out
- Microsoft Outlook Installation is Required
How to Export PST from Office 365 Admin Center Instantly?
Let’s get started with the best approach to solve queries like “how to export pst from office 365 admin portal”.
Download and install Advik Office 365 Backup Tool in your Windows machine. This software is programmed to create .pst from Office 365 Webmail instantly. Apart from PST, the software allows you to export Office 365 emails to CSV, MBOX, DOC, HTML, RTF, XPS, PDF, EML, MSG, ZIP, and many other user file formats.
Steps to Convert Office 365 Email to PST
1. Run Software and Sign in using your email address and password. Click “I am Admin” and hit Sign in button.
2. After login, the software will automatically load and preview your email folders. You can check or select email folder that you want to convert into .pst file.
3. In Saving Option menu, there are numbers of file formats in which you have to select PST option from the list.
4. Click Filter Option designated on the top menu. Enter or apply email filters to specify your backup. This feature is very beneficial for users who want to export specific emails to PST.
5. Choose target location or path where you want to save converted PST file.
6. Click Backup button to let the software start its process to download PST file from Office 365 admin.
Video Tutorial – How to Export Office 365 Emails to PST?
Skip Manual Efforts and Choose Office 365 to PST Export Tool by Advik Software
Till now we had discussed the various methods to export PST from Office 365 admin center to a computer. Also, we noticed the limitation in both the manual approach. Users who are comfortable with the drawbacks can choose a free solution. However, tech geeks who want to skip and get rid of limitations can download Advik Office 365 Backup Tool for advanced email conversion.
Here are the top 5 advantages you will get while using Advik Office 365 Backup Tool
- Choose single or multiple email folders to create a pst file in Office 365 admin center.
- Take email backup from office 365 admin portal along with 15+ file formats
- Advance Email Filter Option to export selected emails from Office 365 to PST file.
- Backup Office 365 mailbox to PST file Without Outlook Client
- Export emails from Office 365 admin center with multiple accounts in a single attempt using Batch Mode.
- Migrate emails from Office 365 tenant to tenant account, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or any other cloud server
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I export emails from Office 365 admin to PST format?
Ans. You can easily export emails from Office 365 admin by logging into your office 365 account then open settings tab. After then click on General >> Privacy and Data and click on “Export Mailbox” option. You will then receive an email containing the download option of your mailbox data. This is a time consuming task, if you want it faster you can use Office 365 backup tool by Advik that helps you download these emails faster.
2. Is it possible to convert multiple Microsoft 365 mailbox folders into .pst format?
Ans. Yes, the software allows you to choose any folder that you want to convert.
3. What is the best way to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file?
Ans. We had discussed top 3 ways to convert emails from Office 365 to PST. However, using professional software for this task is a risk free and effortless job. No manual configuration or technical knowledge is required. You can easily export PST from Office 365 admin or user account with this tool.