How to Transfer Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook?
Learn step-by-step instructions to import Thunderbird to Outlook profile. If you are looking for a secure and efficient way to transfer Thunderbird emails to Outlook, then this blog is for you. This article will discuss two simple approaches to importing emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Importing emails from one platform to another is a tricky process. However, with the right approach, it is easy to migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook client. Before we move ahead and discuss the transfer process, let’s know a little bit about both email clients.
Thunderbird is a free email client designed and developed by Mozilla Foundation. It manages multiple emails and identities within an account. Some of the advanced features of Mozilla Thunderbird are; Advanced quick search, Extensions, and Themes. It supports tons of useful plugins.
On the other hand, Outlook is the most widely used email client designed and Developed by Microsoft Inc. It is a cross-platform email client available as a part of Microsoft Office. Apart from an email application, it includes contact, calendar, tasks, events, journals, etc. It provides a powerful spam filtering facility to prevent phishing attacks.
However, users often import Thunderbird to Outlook. There is no direct method available. However, using the IMAP configuration it is possible to migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook. Let’s discuss the solutions in detail.
How to Import Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook Manually?
You can manually import Thunderbird to Outlook using your Gmail account. So, check out this solution to complete your task.
- Open the Thunderbird application on your system.
- Now, go to the Account Settings.
- Click on account actions and choose Add a Mail Account option.
- Enter your Gmail account login details and click on the Continue button.
- Type the IMAP details of your Gmail account and press the Finish button.
- Now, the Gmail account is visible in Thunderbird.
- Copy Thunderbird mailbox data into the Gmail mailbox folder.
- After that, open the Outlook email client on your system.
- Go to the File tab and click on Add Account.
- Enter the same Gmail Email address and click on Connect.
- Type the Password of your Gmail account and press Sign In.
- Outlook will automatically configure a Gmail account.
- Now, mailbox data will appear in Outlook.
Done! Hence, you can manually migrate Thunderbird to Outlook.
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Directly?
Check out Advik Thunderbird Converter software and install it on your Windows machine. This program is designed to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook with attachments. You can export entire email folders in one fell swoop. You don’t have to repeat the same migration process repeatedly. The software carries an easy and intuitive approach so that users can easily handle this without any issues.
Moreover, the tool also allows users to import Thunderbird to Gmail, Outlook.com, Zoho Mail, Apple Mail, Yandex Mail, Zimbra Webmail, iCloud, GoDaddy, Rackspace, etc. The best part of this utility is that it maintains folder hierarchy throughout the Thunderbird to Outlook migration process.
Steps to Import Thunderbird to Outlook
1. Run this software on your Windows PC.
2. Select your Thunderbird profile and press Next.
3. Choose email folders and click on Next.
4. Select PST as a saving option.
5. Browse the target location and then hit the Convert button.
6. Now, Open Outlook and import PST to Outlook using the import/export feature.
Done! Hence, you can migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook quickly.
Watch Video Tutorial
Migration from Thunderbird to Outlook is a need of various users. So, we have prepared this helpful article. Here, we have discussed two effective ways to import Thunderbird to Outlook. Both methods are helpful and workable to easily migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. You can choose any one that is best suitable for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. Can I migrate from Thunderbird 115 to Outlook?
Answer. Yes, the software can export emails from Thunderbird 115 and preview versions.
Question 2. Does the software have the ability to convert multiple Thunderbird email folders?
Answer. The answer is Yes, the software will convert Thunderbird mailboxes in bulk.
Question 3. Can I run this software on Windows 11?
Answer. Yes, you can run this software in Windows 11.
Question 4. How do I transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 365?
Answer. If you want to migrate from Thunderbird to Office 365 email account. You have to select Office 365 as a saving option from the list. Enter email credentials and click Convert.