How to Import MBOX to Gmail Account? – Full Tutorial
Learn the much-needed solution to import MBOX to Gmail from this tutorial. The article discusses two techniques by which you can open MBOX file in Gmail account.
Emails serve a lifeline of this digital communication. If you belong to those who use email clients that support MBOX file and want to switch to Cloud server such as Gmail, then this blog is for you. This post will explore the reasons for this import and the best two solutions to import MBOX file to Gmail in bulk.
There can be various reasons for importing MBOX file into Gmail account depending on the user’s needs. Some common scenarios are –
- If you are moving from a desktop application to the cloud, then you might want your old emails as well. In that case, you will need to upload MBOX to your Gmail account.
- One can access a Gmail account anywhere thus making its data universally accessible.
- With Gmail, you can also access different applications offered by Google (DOC, Sheets, Meet, Chat, etc).
Can Gmail import mbox files? First of all, Gmail does not have any option to import mailbox file. This doesn’t mean you won’t be able to do that. There are a few alternate approaches and findings that will upload MBOX file into Gmail. The same has been discussed in this article.
How to Import MBOX File to Gmail With Thunderbird?
This method requires Mozilla Thunderbird installation so make sure that you have it before proceeding with the solution. This segment will guide you through configuring your Gmail account with Thunderbird. Later you can import MBOX to Thunderbird application. Follow the steps in detail to import MBOX to Gmail account.
1. Open Thunderbird and configure your Gmail account.
2. Press Alt key, and select Tools >> Add-ons and Themes.
3. Search and install ImportExportTools NG.
4. Restart Thunderbird and select Local folders on the left panel.
5. Right-click Local Folders and select ImportExportTools NG>import mbox files.
6. Select your MBOX file and click Open.
After importing the file, the mailbox file will be located under Local folders. You have to right-click on the mailbox file, click Move, and transfer it to your configured Gmail account.
Please Note: The above method has been tested multiple times with various Thunderbird versions. It worked perfectly, but it won’t work when import MBOX file is disabled in Thunderbird.
How to Import MBOX to Gmail Without Thunderbird?
The Advik MBOX Converter is a specialized software that is practised to upload .mbox to Gmail without Thunderbird. The software transfers emails from .mbox file into Gmail directly. No Mozilla Thunderbird or any supportive application is required. With this tool, various filter options allow to import selective MBOX emails. It is also capable to import MBOX to Gmail in bulk in one single attempt. Downlaod the software for free and know the complete importing process.
Steps to Import MBOX File to Gmail with Attachments –
1. Run this automated software on your Windows PC.
2. Click the Select Files option to add a .mbox file to the software.
3. Select the email folder you want to import.
4. Choose Gmail as the target source from Saving Option.
5. Enter your Gmail login credentials and click Convert.
The software will start importing MBOX emails into your Gmail account. Once the process is completed, open your Gmail account and check the mailbox list. You will see a new folder having your .mbox file emails. This MBOX to Gmail Import tool offers various advanced features that make the import process efficient, some of them are –
- Maintain email folder and sub-folder hierarchy.
- Import MBOX to Gmail in bulk without any data loss.
- Preserve email key elements and attributes.
- Advance filter option to import selective emails.
- Simple and user-friendly interface with a simple and efficient working process.
Watch How to Import MBOX to Gmail With Attachments
Despite knowing the fact that Gmail doesn’t have any option to import .mbox file, we just discussed two alternate approaches. Either you can use Mozilla Thunderbird or a professional MBOX to Gmail Import tool. Both solutions are 100% workable. However, due to some limitations and glitches faced by the manual method, people won’t waste time and refer to professional software.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Can I restore Google Takeout MBOX in Gmail?
Answer. Yes, you can import Google Takeout to Gmail using the above method. The software support .mbox file created by 30+ email sources and platforms.
Question 2. Is it possible to import MBOX to G Suite?
Answer. Yes, both methods can transfer MBOX file to Google Workspace account without any data loss.
Question 3. Error during email signing in.
Answer. First of all, you have to enable 2-Step Verification from Gmail settings. After that, create an App Password to sign into third-party applications.
Question 4. How can I ensure that all attachments and metadata are preserved during the MBOX to Gmail import process?
Answer. You don’t need to worry the MBOX to Gmail Wizard will import your email file with complete data including attachments. It also preserves the email folder and sub-folder hierarchy and key elements.