How to Export Emails from Gmail to PST file Manually?
Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers. Even I used Gmail since 2010. You can easily take the backup of your Gmail account in MBOX format from Google Takeout Services. However, there is no option to export Gmail mailbox to PST file.
Here, we recommend you to try a free way to download Gmail backup in Outlook PST format.
Steps for Export Gmail to PST Manually with Outlook Application
For this method, you need to install the Outlook application in your System. Follow these steps to easily convert Gmail emails to PST format.
1. Launch Outlook application in your Computer System.
2. Configure your Gmail account in Outlook.
3. After successful configuration, click File Menu > Open & Export.
4. Select Import/Export Option.
5. Select “Export to a file” and then click Convert.
6. Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” again hit the Next button.
7. Select the account to convert to PST format.
8. Select the Output path and click on Finish
Finished! This is how you can export Gmail email to PST file. Meanwhile, you will face some limitations bound with this free method.
Microsoft Outlook will export PST file from Gmail account including emails of only the INBOX folder. This is not the major but a minor drawback for Gmail users who wants to export complete mailbox data.
For those users, we like to recommend you try an alternate method i.e. Advik Gmail Backup Software. Using this email backup wizard, you will be able to export Gmail emails to PST including other mailbox folders too (Inbox, Sent Items, Draft, Customized Folders, etc).
Steps to Export Gmail to PST without Outlook are;
For this method, you need to download and install the Advik Gmail Backup tool. The tool has the simplest user interface which makes this tool easy to operate for all kinds of users. In order to download the backup of Gmail to PST format, you need to follow these simple steps.
Step 1. Run Advik Gmail Backup Tool and enter your Gmail login credentials.
Step 2. Select mailbox folders and click the Next button.
Step 3. Choose PST as a saving option from the list.
Step 4. Click the convert button and analyze the process. (Optional: Apple Email Filters for specific email export).
That’s it, the tool will immediately export Gmail to PST file.
Now you can import the PST file into Microsoft Outlook directly via Open/Export option.
Why Choose Advik Gmail Backup Tool?
There are many features of this tool. Some of its best features are as follows;
- Supports More than 20 useful file formats.
- Converts all emails of Gmail account including sent emails and other folders.
- Simple User Interface.
- Create PST file in Gmail without Outlook
- Preserves Meta Data of emails.
- The layout of emails remains Unchanged.
I hope this article helps you in solving your query related to Export Gmail to PST format. This is how you can export emails from Gmail to Outlook 2019. You can also download Software for free to check the efficiency of this tool.