How to Export Gmail to PST File Format? – 2 Solutions
Learn the most effective method to export emails from Gmail to PST file. This tutorial includes two basic and simple approaches to create PST file from Gmail with and without Outlook.
Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers. Even I have used Gmail since 2010. Currently, it has 2.2 Billion monthly active users as compared to other email service providers. Gmail is one of the most secure email communication platforms. However, people still don’t wanna take the chance of losing any of their data from the cloud. Some people search for how to export Gmail to PST file as a backup file. As PST file format is easily portable and can be transferred to any Outlook version.
How do I export all emails from Gmail to PST file format? You can easily export Gmail mailbox to PST by configuring your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook. Once setup is done, you can save Google Mail emails to PST format from Import/Export option. However, this method requires technical skills. If you are unaware of the technicalities of MS Outlook then, you can choose an automated tool to create PST file from Gmail account.
We are going to discuss the above two methods in the upcoming segment. The first method uses Manual configuration and the other is by using automated software.
How to Export Gmail to PST Format Manually?
For this method, you need to install the Outlook application in your System. Follow the below steps to export Gmail emails to PST file.
- Launch the Outlook application on your Windows PC.
- Configure your Gmail account in Outlook.
- After successful configuration, click File Menu > Open & Export.
- Select Import/Export Option.
- Select “Export to a file” and then click the Next button.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” again and hit the Next button.
- Select the account and click Next button.
- Select the Output path and click on Finish.
Finished! This is how you can export Gmail email to PST file. Alternatively, using this Import/Export tool you can also export Gmail emails to Excel file.
Unfortunately, there are some limitations to this method. Technical knowledge is required to configure your Google Mail account with Outlook. Also, if you want to save specific emails from Gmail to PST file then, it won’t allow you to do that.
- Displayed Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E during IMAP Configuration
- This may result in data loss or damaging email attachments
- Lengthy and time-consuming process
- Won’t work if Import/Export Option is Greyed Out in Outlook
- No Email Filter Option to convert specific emails
To get full access to exporting Google Mail to Outlook .pst file, opt for Method 2. You will get dozens of amazing features that will make your email backup very efficient and more accurate.
How to Export Gmail to PST Without Outlook?
Download and install the Advik Gmail Backup tool. This powerful application is capable enough to download PST from Gmail. This is a completely standalone application that doesn’t require MS Outlook installation. Simply Sign in>>Select Folders>>Convert to PST and Boom!
Note: Please Enable IMAP and Create App Password in Gmail to Sign in to Advik Software
Follow the below steps carefully to create PST file from Gmail.
Step 1. Run Gmail to PST Export tool and enter your login credentials to sign in.
Step 2. Select mailbox folders to convert into .pst file format.
Step 3. Choose PST from saving option list.
Step 4. Click Filter Options to apply email filters.
Step 5. Click Destination Path to set a target location to save PST file.
Step 6. Now click Backup button to start the email export process.
That’s All! Now sit back and relax, the software will soon create .pst file from Gmail in no time.
This is how you can save Gmail emails as .pst file using this amazing wizard.
Both the above methods are workable and are recommendable for exporting Gmail mailbox to PST file. However, if people want to save data more preciously by opting out some unwanted emails, in that case automated solution is suggested. MS Outlook doesn’t provide an email filter option. Below are a few additional benefits you will get from the software.
- You can filter your emails to export and get rid of unwanted emails to be carried along with the resultant PST file. These features are not available in Microsoft Outlook nor in 2019/2016/2013 or 2007 versions.
- Not only PST, but the software also offers more than 30+ email saving options. You can export Gmail to PDF, EML, MSG, DOC, HTML, RTF, XPS, CSV, and many more. On the other hand, Outlook will give you .pst and .csv.
- If you want to download Gmail as PST file, you can select the folder from the software whereas Outlook doesn’t apply this option.
- Easily create PST file from multiple Gmail accounts in one single attempt. On the other hand, you have to manually configure it in Outlook which is quite a time-consuming process.
Other features are available in the software.
- Extract email addresses from Gmail to Excel
- Download all attachments from Gmail at Once
- Unlimited Gmail Backup to PST without Outlook Requirement
- Lifetime Free Technical Support with Future Updates
- Export G Suite to PST File Using Same Software
- Backup Gmail Data to iPhone, Android, directly from the software
- Import Gmail to Thunderbird, Zimbra, Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes, etc
- Easily workable in Windows 11/10 and previous versions
- Simple and self-explanatory graphical user interface
Watch the Tutorial to Export Gmail to PST Format
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. How Do I export specific emails from Gmail to PST?
Answer. In the manual method, you will not get any option for this task. However, Advik Gmail to PST Converter is embedded with the “Advance Email Filter” option that allows you to export only selected emails.
Question 2. What will happen with the email attachment after exporting the mailboxes in .pst?
Answer. Both methods will preserve email folder hierarchy and email attributes including attachments. Thus, there will be no data loss.
Question 3. Which solution is a time saver?
Answer. Method 2 is the best choice if you want to save your manual efforts and time. The software will create pst file from Gmail in a very short period of time.
Question 4. Is Advik Gmail Backup Tool Compatible with Windows 11?
Answer. Yes, the software is workable in Windows 11/10/8.1/8/XP and earlier versions.
Question 5. Can Gmail be exported to PST using the manual method?
Answer. Yes, you can export Gmail to PST using MS Outlook configuration process. All you have to do is add Gmail to Outlook email client using App Password and IMAP settings.