Two Ways to Export Gmail to PST – Tutorial With Screenshot
Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers. Even I have used Gmail since 2010. Currently, it has 2.2 Billion monthly active users as compared to other email service providers. Gmail is one of the most secure email communication platforms.
With keeping in mind the importance of email data, Google has introduced an option to download Gmail emails to Hard drive or PC using Google Takeout Service. You can easily take the backup of your Gmail account in MBOX format using this feature. However, there is no option to export Gmail emails to PST file.
Ways to Export Gmail to PST
Method 1. Using Outlook Client
Method 2. Using Advik Gmail Backup Tool (No Outlook Required)
There are currently, two best ways to convert Gmail email to PST file. Follow the suitable method as per your requirement.
Method 1. Steps for Export Gmail to PST Manually with Outlook
For this method, you need to install the Outlook application in your System. Follow these steps to easily convert Gmail emails to PST format.
1. Launch Outlook application in your Computer System.
2. Configure your Gmail account in Outlook.
3. After successful configuration, click File Menu > Open & Export.
4. Select Import/Export Option.
5. Select “Export to a file” and then click Convert.
6. Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” again hit the Next button.
7. Select the account to convert to PST format.
8. Select the Output path and click on Finish
Finished! This is how you can export Gmail email to PST file. Meanwhile, you will face some limitations bound with this free method.
- Displayed Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E during IMAP Configuration
- May result in data loss or damaging email attachments
- Lengthy and time consuming process
Method 2. Convert Gmail Mailbox to PST Without Outlook
Check out the error-free solution. Download and install the Advik Gmail Backup tool. The tool has the simplest user interface which makes this tool easy to operate for all kinds of users. In order to download the backup of Gmail to PST format, you need to follow these simple steps.
Enable Less Secure Apps and IMAP from Google Settings before Signing in this software
Step 1. Run Advik Gmail Backup Tool and enter your Gmail login credentials.
Step 2. Select mailbox folders and click the Next button.
Step 3. Choose PST as a saving option from the list.
Step 4. Click the convert button and analyze the process. (Optional: Apple Email Filters for specific email export).
That’s it, the tool will immediately export Gmail to PST file.
Now you can import the PST file into Microsoft Outlook directly via Open/Export option.
Why Choose Advik Gmail Backup Tool?
There are many features of this tool. Some of its best features are as follows;
- Supports More than 20 useful file formats.
- Converts all emails of Gmail account including sent emails and other folders.
- Simple User Interface.
- Extract attachments from Gmail mailboxes in one go.
- Create PST file in Gmail without Outlook
- Preserves Meta Data of emails.
- Export Gmail emails to Excel CSV file.
- The layout of emails remains Unchanged.
I hope this article helps you in solving your query related to Export Gmail to PST format. This is how you can export emails from Gmail to Outlook 2019. You can also download Software for free to check the efficiency of this tool.
Check Out: Migrate Gmail to Office 365 Shared Mailbox