How to Migrate SeaMonkey to Thunderbird? – Complete Guide
In today’s technical era, lots of users want to export SeaMonkey to Thunderbird. If you want to transfer SeaMonkey to Thunderbird, then read this article to the end to resolve all your queries related to this issue.
Transferring emails from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird is not easy as it seems even both these email clients support MBOX file format. Also, SeaMonkey doesn’t have a direct option to transfer SeaMonkey emails to Thunderbird. So, firstly we have to export its emails in MBOX file format then we will proceed to next. Let’s know more in detail;
How to Transfer SeaMonkey to Thunderbird Manually?
This is a common approach for exporting a small number of files. The first step is to extract SeaMonkey emails into .mbox files.
- Open SeaMonkey application and go to Server Settings.
- Copy the path provided and enter it in the Windows Address browser path.
- Now, Import MBOX files into Thunderbird.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird, go to the menu, and add add-ons.
- Add the ImportExportTools NG add-on.
- Navigate to the folder and right-click on the folder.
- Click on ImportExportTools NG and select “Import MBOX File.”
- Choose the files to upload to the Thunderbird account directly from the location.
Done! By following the above solution, users can easily import emails from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- The manual method may obstruct issues while moving emails between the email clients.
- Lack of a guarantee of data integrity and folder structure after the migration.
- Additionally, add-ons may not always work in different versions of the Thunderbird.
How to Migrate SeaMonkey to Thunderbird Client?
Try and explore Advik MBOX Converter software. This software will help you to transfer mailbox from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird client directly. All you have to export .mbox file from SeaMonkey and transfer into Thunderbird using this utility. The software embeded with dozens of modern features. You can transfer MBOX to Office 365, convert MBOX to PDF, and 20+ file formats
With this tool, users can also import MBOX to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Exchange Online, Yandex Mail, etc. It is considered a 100% safe and secure solution for users to export SeaMonkey Mail to Thunderbird in a few simple steps.
Download the FREE trial version of this tool to check it’s working;
Follow the below steps to import emails from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird application.
- Install and Run the recommended application on your system.
- After that, click and choose Select File or Select Folder from the software panel.
- Choose the required email files that you wish to export into Thunderbird.
- After that, select Thunderbird as a saving option from the drop-down list.
- Then, the tool will automatically fetch the Thunderbird profile from your system as a default location. Click Convert to start.
Done!! This will start exporting emails from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird directly.
Why Should You Choose Professional Solution Instead of Manual Methods?
- Dual Selection Options: The software offers two ways to upload multiple SeaMonkey emails; “select files” or “select folders.” So that you can bulk export SeaMonkey emails to Thunderbird.
- Multiple-File Formats: With this tool, users can also convert SeaMonkey emails to PST, EML, PDF, MSG, DOC, HTML, MHT, XPS, CSV, and many other file formats with this single application.
- Maintain Email Properties: During the conversion process, the software maintains the email properties of SeaMonkey emails and ensures that you get the original email with attachments after completing the process.
- Standalone Utility: The program is a standalone application for exporting SeaMonkey to Thunderbird, and it doesn’t require any external installation to migrate SeaMonkey to Thunderbird.
- Simple and Easy Interface: The software provides an easy-to-use and consistent interface panel, and the working environment of the utility is completely free from all viruses and malware infections.
- Desired Destination Path: If you don’t have Thunderbird installed, you can easily select any location path to export SeaMonkey to Thunderbird data. However, the software automatically saves the resultant data at the Thunderbird location if you have already installed Thunderbird.
- Support for All Editions of Microsoft Windows: The software supports all editions of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
We have covered the entire process of exporting SeaMonkey emails to Thunderbird in the preceding post. If you are one of the people who want to import emails from SeaMonkey to Thunderbird, you can try the solutions explained in this article.