How to Export Gmail Emails to Excel in Batch? – 2 Solutions
Jackson Strong | January 10th, 2023 | Data Conversion, Email Migration
Summary: Welcome to Advik Software! In this article, we are going to elaborate latest techniques to export Gmail emails to Excel. After receiving dozens of queries on how to copy mails from Gmail to CSV file. I had shared 2 easy ways to convert Gmail emails to CSV file with attachments. One is manual and other one is via Advik Gmail Backup Software. If you had already familiar with this software, you can download it for free and export messages to excel.
MS Excel is extremely valuable for many business activities to record data in a systematic format. The main advantage of MS Excel is that it facilitates effortless and smooth data entry.
As of now, Gmail doesn’t offer any option to save messages in CSV file. However, you can save Gmail emails to .eml files from the download message option.
Read Also: How to Export Gmail Emails to Google Sheet?
Don’t Worry! we are going forward with alternate techniques to export Gmail emails to Excel file.
Effective Solutions to Export Gmail Emails to CSV File
As mentioned above, there is no direct way to convert Gmail messages to CSV files we are going to follow alternate tricks. Currently, there are TWO WAYS To EXPORT EMAILS FROM GMAIL TO EXCEL.
- Save Gmail Messages to Excel file Using Mozilla Thunderbird (desktop client)
- Export Emails from Gmail to CSV file Using Advik Gmail Backup Tool
You can choose any of the above methods to convert Gmail to an Excel file. Both techniques are explained below section.
Method 1. How to Export Emails from Gmail to Excel?
For users, who are looking for a free solution can opt this method. In this tutorial, you have to install Mozilla Thunderbird (a free desktop email client) on your pc.
Important: Set up your Gmail account in Thunderbird before starting the manual solution!
After that, follow the step-by-step instructions to export Gmail emails to Excel file.
Step 1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer.
Step 2. Install ImportExportNG Add-On and enable it.
Step 3. Back to the dashboard and right-click the folder you want to export. Navigate to ImportExportTools NG >> Export All Messages in a folder >> Spreadsheet CSV format.
Step 4. Select a path or folder where you want to export Gmail emails to CSV file and click Ok.
Thunderbird will start copying emails from Gmail to Excel spreadsheets.
- Despite knowing the fact that it’s a free trick, you will face few challenges in executing this task. First of all the process require third-party plugin that might be risky for email users. Not a good idea.
- Secondly, the process may take several hours depending on the number of emails.
- Converting a large number of Gmail emails to CSV files may increase the risk of data loss and modification.
Method 2. How to Convert Emails from Gmail to CSV File in Bulk
Download and install Advik Gmail Backup Software in your computer. This utility will help you to export emails from Gmail to Excel file. You can save entire emails to Excel CSV file in one single attempt. This is the best part of this program. You don’t have to convert a single message over and over again.
The software is powerful enough to download emails from Gmail to CSV file in bulk with attachments.
Free Download Gmail to Excel Converter tool from the below link and install it in your system.
Follow the below step-by-step instructions to copy emails from Gmail to Excel File.
Step 1. Run Advik Gmail Backup Tool and sign in.
Step 2. Select mailbox folders from where you want to import into excel.
Step 3. In saving option, select CSV from the list.
Step 4. Click Filter Option to export only specific emails to Excel CSV file.
Step 5. Click Backup button to start email export process.
Finished! This is the quickest way to batch import Gmail emails to Excel file.
I hope this article helps you in solving your query related to exporting Gmail Emails to Excel CSV. You can also view step by step video tutorial to better understand the tool.
Skip Waiting Time and Choose Advik Gmail to Excel Converter Solution
- With this program, you can batch-export Gmail emails to Excel with attachments. The software will preserve your mailbox folder hierarchy and key elements. Thus, no data loss will occur.
- Apart from Excel CSV, you will get 20+ additional saving options in which you can download your Gmail messages. Yes, you can export Gmail to PST file, MBOX, DOC, HTML, XPS, RTF, EMLX, PDF, etc.
- This tool also provides an advanced email filter option that allows users to export selected emails based on date range, subject, to, from, etc.
- It also allows users to choose selective email folders to select only specific Gmail mailbox folders so that if a users want to export some specific email folders.
You can download Gmail to CSV Converter software for free and try it by exporting 25 emails from each folder. You can upgrade the tool only in case you feel satisfied with the results.
Read More: Extract Email Addresses from Gmail to Excel
For any queries contact our technical team via Live Chat or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org