How to Download Gmail Emails Manually?
Looking for a solution to download Gmail emails manually? As is a personal or professional email service, Gmail serves as the best platform to deal with your email management purposes. But in case you have consumed all the storage space of your Gmail inbox and not receiving emails anymore? In this regard, you need to save Gmail emails to Hard Drive/PC/Computer, etc.
Gmail, the world’s largest email service provider, is widely recognized as one of the most popular services which offers a generous 15 GB of free storage space. It also provides a range of features such as emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, etc.
However, 15 GB of storage is also not enough for users who receive and send emails on a daily basis and they need a solution to download Gmail emails manually. Despite these reasons, Gmail still maintains a user base of over 1.8 billion users worldwide. Nevertheless, also many users have expressed a desire to safeguard their important emails by downloading them to their computer’s hard drive.
In this regard, we will explore the free solutions to download multiple emails from Gmail. Additionally, we will explore alternative methods for saving Gmail emails manually. Let’s commence our discussion on these approaches.
Different Ways to Download Gmail Emails Manually – Top 3 Solutions
There are many ways in which one can save Gmail emails to flash drive/PC/Computer. Users have multiple choices to download Gmail mailbox manually. With these techniques, users are capable to solve their queries with ease.
Method 1. Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is an in-built service provided by Google that allows you to export and download data from various Google products, including Gmail.
Here’s how you can use Google Takeout to download Gmail emails;
- Go to the Google Takeout page and sign in to your Google account if prompted.
- On the main page, you will see a list of Google services, deselect all except for Gmail to only download your emails. Then, scroll down and click on “Next Step”.
- Now, modify your settings, here, you can choose the format in which you want to download Gmail emails, the maximum size per file, and the delivery method. Then, click on “Create Export” to start the export process.
- Depending on the size of your mailbox, it may take some time. Once the export is complete, you will receive an email with a download link.
- Click on the link to download a ZIP file that contains emails in MBOX format.
Undoubtedly, Google Takeout is a comprehensive solution that allows you to export Gmail to MBOX in one go. However, keep in mind that if the amount of your Gmail emails size is too large it may take a long time to complete the process.
Method 2. Download Gmail Emails using the “Print” Feature
This feature of Gmail allows users to easily export Gmail to PDF one by one. So, let’s begin with the further steps;
- Open your web browser and log in to your Gmail account by entering your email address and password.
- After that, navigate to the email you want to download. and open it.
- Inside the email interface, go to the three-dot menu icon (⋮), tap on it, and choose the “Print” option.
- Now, this will open a print preview window, here you will see a destination option, choose “Save as PDF” and tap on the Save button.
- Thereafter, choose the destination folder on your computer where you want to save the downloaded Gmail emails. Click on “Save” to start the download process.
The time taken will depend on the size of the Gmail emails. Now, repeat these steps for any other Gmail emails you want to download.
By following these steps, you can download Gmail emails as PDF files.
Note: You can’t print multiple Gmail emails at once by using this method. To download Gmail emails in bulk, you have to choose an automated solution.
Method 3. Save Gmail Emails One by One
The simplest and easy method to download Gmail emails manually is by using through “download message” option. Follow these steps to start the process;
- Log in to your Gmail account using your credentials.
- Open the email you wish to download and click on the three-dot icon and choose the “Download message” option.
- Now, this will save the Gmail email in the EML file format.
- Repeat the process for each email you want to download.
Although this method works to export emails from Gmail to EML for individual emails, it can be time-consuming if you have a large number of Gmail emails to download.
Also, you need an email client application to view the content of this file format.
Disadvantages of the Manual Approaches
- Numerous time-consuming steps
- Limitation of downloading one email at a time in the 2nd and 3rd Methods.
- It’s unsuitability for non-technical users, the likelihood of manual errors,
- Possibility of incomplete or loss of data integrity
- Restricted availability of file-formats
Automated Solution to Download Gmail Emails Professionally
The above-explained methods are free but quite lengthy and time-consuming. Hence, it is needed to go for a solution that will easily overcome these limitations. Advik Gmail Backup Tool is one such approach that can download single/multiple Gmail mailboxes. It offers more than 30+ options to download Gmail emails in various file formats such as that you can export Gmail to PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, CSV, DOC, HTML, EMLX, OLM, and many more. The best part of this tool is that it maintains the folder hierarchy of your complete Gmail mailbox throughout the process.
Also, you can easily backup Gmail emails with attachments using this application. With its advanced email filter features, users can easily archive emails in Gmail by date, subject, To/From, folder selection, etc. The tool is fully secure and handles your email data with integrity. This tool not only ensures reliability but also enables one to download Gmail emails to hard drive in bulk.
As you have seen above, there are several methods you can use to download Gmail emails manually. However, if you are not satisfied with these solutions as they have a lot of limitations. To avoid such issues, you can use an alternate approach i.e., the Advik Gmail Backup tool to easily download Gmail emails in bulk. Also, it offers various advanced features that will ease your process.